Despite the fact that women make up the majority of college students and achieve higher grades on average than men, we still face many struggles in the workplace. In short, it’s harder to get ahead and forge a career as a woman than it is for men.
But that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to an unfulfilling job for the rest of your life. With a bit of drive and perseverance, you can use your skills and smarts to build the career of your dreams. Here are some of the web’s best resources care of Nutmeg Business Networking to get you started!
Start Your Own Company
Why not blaze your own trail by launching a company in an industry you love? These resources will get you off to a strong start:
- How to Come Up with an Innovative Business Idea
- How to Write the Perfect Business Plan in 9 Steps
- Learn How to Start an LLC
- How to Market Your Small Business on a Shoestring Budget
Focus on Your Strengths
Identifying your weaknesses can show you where you need to improve, but playing to your strengths can help you get ahead.
- How to Identify Your Workplace Strengths
- Top 12 Advantages Women Bring to the Workplace
- Women In Business: How To Play To Your Strengths To Get Heard
- Further develop your skills with an online graduate degree
Prioritize Soft Skills
Sometimes, it’s the soft skills that will make you stand out and move your career forward.
- The Hard Facts about Soft Skills
- Soft Skills in the Workplace: Why They Matter
- The Female “Soft Skills” That Can Boost Workplace Success
You don’t have to let the challenges keep you from achieving your dreams. Instead of staying glued to a desk doing something that’s bringing you down, take advice from the resources above for advancing your career and finding fulfilling work. If you stay vigilant and believe in yourself, there’s nothing you can’t do!
Are you looking for networking opportunities in the Rocky Hill or Glastonbury Connecticut areas? Then check out Nutmeg Business Networking! We offer small groups of members from various industries to get the most out of your networking efforts. Visit us online to join today!